UFC - General Chat

And now fucking Ferguson got injured and is out of this weekends fight!

On the up-side though, Badass Max Holloway is stepping up and fighting Khabib instead!

SIX DAYS NOTICE and he’s fighting in a heavier weight class! If Max wins… oh my.

Conor you fucking moronic scumbag :rage:
Not impressed at all at his and his goons’ actions. Ciesa was almost out but still fighting. Ray Borg has corneal scratches and loses out on a fight (and income). Rose Namajunes stormed out and was said to be shook badly (I really want to see her win, she’s a breath of fresh air in her division), Lobov was slapped by Khabib (which is uncalled for) and since he was in the mob of morons, he’s off the card. Conor has turned himself in to the NYPD and is facing multiple charges and is going to get sued for millions.

What a fucking dumbass! I was a huge Conor fan, but him not having fought in the UFC in over 500 days, just talking shite and promoting burger fucking king… He’s just gotten boring now. He doesn’t run shit.

The UFC and associated media should be focussing on Max Holloway now and seeing what happens with the fight against Khabib.
If Max can pull of a miracle and drop Khabib and win… It’ll beat McNugget’s record for youngest 2-weight class division champion. I really like Max, he does good trash talk, turns up to fight, defends his title, steps in on 6 days notice. Pure class all the way.

Fuck, just found out that Max Holloway has been deemed medically unfit to fight. The weight cut got to him and he couldn’t make the weight safely :frowning:

Heard about hi antics on the news this morning. Didn’t know he hasn’t fought for that long

Yeah, I was reading up on this in the morning too. I get all the sledging and shit-talking that is done in the name of entertainment (albeit, I don’t find it entertaining personally) - but this was just thuggery. Someone got glass in their eye, which could have blinded them. What a twat.

Even Dana White is pissed at him. He’s burnt a lot of bridges, could realistically end up in jail now, at the very least is going to be sued for millions

Khabib will fight Anthony Pettis now. If McGregor had fucked about he might of got the fight

HAH! :smiley:

This is going to be one hell of a fight night! :open_mouth:

Embedded series for this fight has begun :slight_smile:

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

In terms of who I’m looking to win, either Miocic or Cormier, either one of those guys deserves a win. They’re both going make crazy money (Stipe is guaranteed $750K and Cormier $500K), but they are both phenomenal fighters.

I’d like to seer N’Gannu win his fight.

Paul Felder would be a cool win. He’s done some fucking monstrous wars against a few others, but Perry is tough as nails.

I’d say Pettis will take the win against Chiesa.

So McGregor vs Khabib is finally going to happen (provided that Khabib makes weight and stays away from cheesecake).

October 6th.

If it goes to the ground, I just cannot see Conor winning. He might survive a round or so, but no way is he going to be Khabib on the floor. Unless of course he’s learnt a shitload in the what… 16 months he’s been out of the Octagon?

If they stay standing… well then I think he has a damn good chance. Conor managed to rock and knockdown Nate Diaz a few times (one of those was a deliberate falldown by Diaz to lure Conor in) and the Diaz brothers are just made of something extra when it comes to toughness. Keeping that in mind and if Conor still has that power in his left, then I think there is a chance for him to win this.

Ignoring the whole ‘Irish’ thing, it would just show again, that even though he has repeatedly backed up the trash talk, that Conor is one hell of a fighter. His gas tank still worries me though.

I can’t see him winning. I honestly think, as good as he is, Khabib will beat him. Khabib is just a different class

Khabib is an absolute monster. Going 26-0 in his career (not in the UFC) is insane! 6 of his 10 fights in the UFC have been decisions and only 2 wins were KO/TKO, the other 2 were submissions.

The russians are pumping out a lot of damn scary fighters in the last few years. As incredible a fighter as Khabib is, I would love to see McGregor win again. Hell, if he wins this fight, he could just retire and be done with it all while he still has some semblance of health.

Khabib wants to “change his face” so I expect him to go to ground as soon as possible and do some horrific ground and pound. There is a very high likelihood of that happening, but by Krom do I want to see Khabib catch a perfect left like Aldo and go down like a lead balloon.

See I’ve got mixed emotions about this one. On the one hand - the Russians. On the other, I used to be fully team McGregor, but sadly I think his own hype has got to him. Bad boy press and “look at me” shit-talking is all very well, but being a straight up S#%tbag is more and more where he’s headed, as displayed throwing a bin into the front of that bus…