Battlefield V

BF3. BF4. Hardline.

More so on Normal than Hardcore (yet still occured) - and potentially also effected by netcode/other stuff - but still plenty of times.

Of course, the semi-auto snipers had less power than bolt actions. But I’m pretty certain most people in ZiiP can recall at least one incident where these immortal words have been spoken (shouted) over TS by myself:

"What the fuck. I shot them in the fucking face. fuck this game".

That would be occasion where a headshot didn’t lead to an instant kill.

I always pinned that down to network issues rather than dmg. Hell I’ve shouted that too. But how often was it a legit hit? Honestly sometimes I scream it because I think I hit a dude but maybe I didn’t.

“I invoke my privilege against self-incrimination under the fifth amendment to the US Constitution. On that ground, I will not answer that question.” :slight_smile:

isn’t there settings to change hit marks to show head shots differently to other shots? that could help see if it’s a net code or other such issue

yup, my headshots have a purple hit marker, it’s helpful.

Interesting read

The reliance on squadmates has moved to the forefront but squads are also more vulnerable than ever before. There’s a much shorter window to revive an ally – it now requires a lengthy animation, though it’s faster if you’re using a syringe as the medic class. There appears to be more variance in class-specific arsenal choices, too, as the medic is capable of equipping both a scoped semi-automatic Gewehr rifle and the fully automatic “Grease Gun” SMG, which would normally fall under the jurisdiction of the assault class.

According to Battlefield’s official website, the closed alpha will be available on PC and can only be joined by invitation, which EA says will be distributed to a “small group” of Battlefield players. The invitations will contain a code to download the alpha client, which must be redeemed via Origin in order to get in.

Battlefield V Closed Alpha Specs
Minimum

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Processor (AMD): AMD FX-8350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 / GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX version: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Internet: 512 KBPS or faster, stable Internet connection
Free hard-drive space: 50GB
Recommended

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM 12GB RAM
Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Internet: 512 KBPS or faster, stable Internet connection
Free hard drive space: 50GB

Check your emails - you may be randomly selected to play

How important is that i5? as im on an i3 and that worries me

Well, that’s the question.

Minimum specs are probably not minimum spec - they’d be above minimum. Because if they were the absolute minimum - and someone had that exact spec, and the game didn’t run, then they’d be on EA’s back with “YOU SAID THIS WOULD RUN!” argument. I also believe that develops set these ‘marks’ to tempt people to upgrade when they don’t have to…

It all comes down to cores. and if they are used. The i5 6600K and the i3 6100 are the same generation - built in 2015.

If you directly compare the two, they are reasonably comparable.

Straight benchmark: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100/3503vs3511

So it isn’t a dated processor, although there is an argument that you should be aiming for recommended and not minimum spec. Anyhow.

General consensus is with most games, most cores aren’t used. Althought apparantly BF1 did utilise (note: utilise does not mean require in my book) 4 cores. So there is logic that BF V would follow that pattern.

Developers may start to program with more cores in mind, mainly because the current generation of console CPUs are low speed multi core arrangements… so that would set a trend.

You GPU is definitely the most important part of your system however - so buying a 1060 6GB was the smart move.

What motherboard you got? Might be the case that you do a CPU swap for a 6th gen i5.

For comparison: I’m running an i7 2600K - which whilst widely accepted as being one of the best CPUs that Intel made (certainly in terms of overclocking), is still only 2nd Gen… runs DDR3 RAM and has by todays standards, really old architecture. But yet - I still play ARMA 3, R6 Siege and BF1 with it without an issue… I just don’t expect it to run in Ultra :stuck_out_tongue: – Although my R9 390 isn’t half bad at running games on 2560x1440

I’m running an i5 2500k over clocked to 4gb(???) And I have yet to have any issues with games saying they require more.

See if there is an open beta and try that out before upgrading if you don’t need too. Should give you a good idea if you can run it.

@Reno - if you’re machine runs BF1, I think the rule is that it will run BF 5

It is true that the BF1 minimum processor is the same as the BF V minimum processor - then main increase is on the GFX card - which makes sense.

On that basis, I would expect you to be alright… but obviously, that’s only an opinion.

FTFY :slight_smile:

FTFY. i7 was 2600K, i5 was 2500K :wink:

cheers guys, i will be looking at a processor upgrade next it’s just finding the funding as i didn’t realy plan for this GPU and my car having work done in the same week :sa:
but i shall be trying the beta anyway

Thats what I Said :wink:

My mistake… Sorry!

:slight_smile: :wink:

I apologise… this may have gone slightly off topic…

Anyone else in the closed alpha?

Not me…

damn those picky EA B*stards!